It’s probably safe to say that seeing your hard work and effort pay off in a big way is something we all appreciate. One real-life example of this is the recent coverage Pivot facilitated for a pretty cool event that happens every winter here in Boulder: Winter Bike to Work Day.
Winter Bike to Work Day is just that: a day for all commuters in Boulder (and even beyond) to ditch the car, hop on a bike, and pedal their way to work. Numerous Boulder businesses participate by offering fresh breakfast on the morning of the event. The day of the event, Jan. 23, dawned sunny and warm. Much of the work to really push the event, though, took place in the days and weeks prior. Our approach to obtaining good coverage and PR for this event was both thorough and efficient. It included:
- An e-Blast sent to a targeted list of individuals that encouraged early registration and shared information about breakfast stations, swag, and more;
- Reaching out to a media contact with the local television station to pitch coverage for the event;
- Placing a guest column from a relevant local official in the local newspaper that discussed the logistics of riding in the winter;
- Cross-promoting the event on various social media channels, including related Twitter feeds, Facebook pages and e-Newsletters;
- A persistent and consistent push to local print media players at various stages preceding the day of the event.
The result? A slew of stories in local print media, great live television coverage of the event, a record turnout for the event itself, the knowledge of a job well done, and a whole lot of appreciation from our client. Here is some of that coverage; take a look, and then let us know if there’s anything you or your business have going on that Pivot can beat the drum about.
- Winter Bike to Work Day a success
- Boulder sees record numbers for Winter Bike to Work Day
- Boulder’s 2013 Winter Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, organizers expect record turnout
- Winter Bike to Work Day is Wednesday
- Embrace the season: Bike this winter