AB 109 Public Safety Realignment represented one of the most seismic shifts in the criminal justice system in decades. To cope with overcrowded state prisons, California announced it would transfer responsibility for tens of thousands of inmates back to individual counties. Pivot worked with BI Incorporated to respond to this rapid shift, developing a strategy for reaching counties quickly with realignment solutions.
Spread the message that this change was manageable, and educate key decision makers that BI could assist with cost-effective alternatives to detention that would support large or small, urban or rural counties.
Pivot worked with BI Incorporated to develop an array of marketing materials all geared at educating county officials about BI’s multiple, flexible options.
- Public relations – article placements, response to letters to the editor, paid media strategy.
- Graphic design – magazine ads, trade show graphics, PowerPoint presentation support.
- Web and video development – micro-website (www.ab109.com) with information, news and sales tools; customer testimonial videos. Watch Sample Video
- Outreach – direct mail, event email blasts, reaching out to individual county decision-makers.
- Client was invited to present to many counties’ probation and sheriff’s departments.
- Client was invited to present at statewide conferences on AB 109 solutions.
- Client won more than a dozen contracts out of 58 possible counties statewide.
- Client remains one of the authorities on realignment in California, with potential for further sales opportunities related to AB 109 in 2013.